Royal Restoration LLC – 866-237-2416 – Dry Ice Blasting
If media Blasting is needed Dry- Ice Blasting is the only-method that Royal Restoration LLC employs.
Dry ice is carbon dioxide in solid form. It is odor-free, non-toxic, non-hazardous, and incombustible. It is a natural part of the atmosphere, therefore not releasing harmful gases into the atmosphere. The dry-ice strikes the coating to be removed and immediately sublimes. This process is non-abrasive, it is soft enough to not pit or damage the underlying surface. It is approved by the EPA, USDA, and FDA. Dry ice vaporizes immediately on contact with treated surfaces, leaving no secondary waste such as solvents or media.
Why we do not recommend or employ other media blasting
Royal Restoration LLC has provided home owners with exceptional service and exceeded their expectations for over 15 years without the use of media blasting. Media blasting not only leaves the surface looking rough by causing pits and valleys which raises the grain exposing layers of the log to natures elements. In return over time this can cause catastrophic harm to the integrity of the wood.
Media Blasting such as corn cob leaves behind debris, when this left over media is not properly cleaned out to checks in the home it has the potential to actually speed up the decay process in areas of the log home that do not receive much sunlight. Corn cob being the media of choice used in Media Blasting wood is an organic matter and therefore absorbs and retains moisture making it a breeding ground for mold, moisture, and mildew, which is a wood homes worst enemy.